Thursday, October 11, 2012

North Korea's idolization


Recently on TV, I saw a documentary on North Korea. It was as if I was watching a documentary on pseudo-religion. Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il's portraits were hanged on every North Korean household and the people were worshiping the portraits. Recently Kim Jong-un visited North Korean households and held events taking pictures with families and giving the photograph as a present. This act of photo politics is considered a great honor for North Korean people. If I were to take a picture with Obama, I would be thrilled, but I wouldn't worship the photograph like a god. Sooner or later, Kim Jong-un's photo will be hanged on every wall of North Korea households. I hope that all the brainwashing in North Koreans can stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment