Monday, June 6, 2011

Sung-Bong Choi, "The Korean Susan Boyle"

This happened as I was agonizing over my sickness over the weekend. This is clip from Korea's Got Talent, basically Korean version of American Idol. This dorky looking young man, Sung-Bong Choi, grew up in an orphanage, ran away when he was THREE after getting beaten up there. He's been living on the street, selling gums and things. His sad, sad life story goes on and on. Just when you think this is enough to make you cry, he sings. Opera. Video has English subtitle.


Now you'll understand why words are going around town that Sung-Bong Choi is "the Korean Susan Boyle".

And best of my luck to Sung-Bong Choi, after what he's been through his whole life. I really hope that this opportunity will really turn his life around for the better.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this video! I read the story earlier but am glad to find the video with English subs.

    Such a great story; I hope his dreams come true and he goes far in the competition.

    ReplyDelete